UCS manages numerous internship programs, and also provides access to thousands of other opportunities in the U.S. and throughout the world.
In order to apply for any UCS-sponsored internship, you must complete the entire UCS-Sponsored Internship Tutorial & Registration on the homepage of Yale UCS Symplicity. This online tutorial should take approximately 20 minutes to complete. If you experience any difficulties during the registration process please call (203) 432-0811 for assistance.
International Internship Programs
Numerous summer opportunities are available to students coordinated by Yale departments and affiliates outside UCS.
- AIESEC Yale - With over 110 countries in its network, the Yale chapter of AIESEC, offers international internship opportunities in a wide range of sectors.
- The MacMillan Center Internships - The Center is Yale’s principal agency for encouraging and coordinating teaching and research on international affairs, societies and cultures around the world.
- Yale-China Association Summer Internship Program - The Yale-China Summer Service Internship Program offers Yale undergraduate students from all majors and disciplines the opportunity to work with non-profit organizations in Hong Kong and Kunming, China.
Internships in the United States
UCS and Yale Alumni work directly with employers to develop meaningful summer internship positions for Yale students in a variety of career fields.
- UCS-Sponsored Domestic Internships - The program offers internships in a variety of cities providing students with the opportunity to work, engage with the community, and connect with local alumni.
- Women in Government Fellowship - This fellowship is designed to encourage Yale undergraduates to pursue political careers by participating in challenging internships in political arenas. For more information and to apply, see the Student Grants Database.
- Pascale International Fellows - The Pascale International Fellowship at the William J. Clinton Foundation provides the opportunity for a funded summer experience with the Clinton Global Initiative in New York.
- Paul Block Journalism Internships - Paid internships at the award-winning, family-owned newspapers the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and Toledo Blade are offered to Yale students who seek a summer experience in the fast-paced arena of daily journalism.
- Yale Alumni Community Service Fellowship (YACSF) – YACSF places undergraduates in funded community service positions throughout the country. Internships are at least 8 weeks in duration.
- Chinatown Community Service Health Internship - In collaboration with Goldman Sachs, Yale College offers two paid summer internships at the Charles B. Wang Community Health Center in New York.
Numerous summer opportunities are available to students coordinated by Yale departments outside of UCS.
- Yale Athletics Internship Program - Since 1994, the Yale Athletic Department has offered internships providing students with valuable and varied hands-on experience in the operation of a successful Division I intercollegiate athletic program.
- Dwight Hall Opportunities - Founded by undergraduates in 1886, Dwight Hall has evolved into a nonsectarian, independent, non-profit umbrella organization that offers students social justice work opportunities in New Haven and beyond.
- President's Public Service Fellowship - The PPSF provides opportunities for Yale students to work on behalf of economic development, human development, and neighborhood revitalization with public sector and nonprofit organizations in the City of New Haven.
- Yale Science and Engineering Research Internships - Yale offers a variety of programs tailored to the individual needs of students in the sciences, ranging from interdepartmental programs such as STARS and Perspectives on Science to department-based research in Yale laboratories.
- Yale Sustainable Food Project Internships - The Yale Farm summer internship offers the opportunity to learn about and gain hands-on experience in sustainable agriculture, food production in the Northeast, and local food systems.