UCS manages numerous internship programs, and also provides access to thousands of other opportunities in the U.S. and throughout the world. To apply for any of the UCS internship programs you must first view the UCS Internship Program Tutorial.
You must complete the entire tutorial to access the registration form. The registration process can be completed on-line from any computer. The entire process should take approximately 20 minutes to complete. If you experience any difficulties during the registration process please call (203) 432-0811 for assistance. Note: If Adobe Flash Player is not already installed on your computer then you will need to download the free Adobe Flash Player.
International Internship Programs
- UCS International Bulldogs - This program allows students to gain career experience and broaden their perspectives by working and living abroad for nine weeks during the summer.
- Fred Packard Yale World Fellows International Experience - Connect with future leaders from around the globe by participating in summer internships hosted by current or former Yale World Fellows.
- Unite for Sight - This organization is dedicated to empowering communities worldwide to improve eye health and eliminate preventable blindness.
- Cultural Vistas - Cultural Vistas is a non-profit organization committed to the advancement of international practical training opportunities for young professionals.
Numerous summer opportunities are available to students coordinated by Yale departments outside UCS.
- AIESEC Yale - With over 110 countries in its network, the Yale chapter of AIESEC, offers international internship opportunities in a wide range of sectors.
- The MacMillan Center Internships - The Center is Yale’s principal agency for encouraging and coordinating teaching and research on international affairs, societies and cultures around the world.
- Yale-China Association Summer Internship Program - The Yale-China Summer Service Internship Program offers Yale undergraduate students from all majors and disciplines the opportunity to work with non-profit organizations in Hong Kong and Kunming, China.
Internship Programs in the United States
UCS and Yale Alumni work directly with employers to develop meaningful summer internship positions for Yale students in a variety of career fields.
- Establishing Pathways for Women in Politics - This program is designed to encourage Yale undergraduates to pursue political careers by participating in challenging internships in political arenas.
- Pascale International Fellows - The Pascale International Fellowship at the William J. Clinton Foundation provides the opportunity for a funded summer experience with the Clinton Global Initiative in New York.
- Paul Block Journalism Internships - Paid internships at the award-winning, family-owned newspapers the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and Toledo Blade are offered to Yale students who seek a summer experience in the fast-paced arena of daily journalism.
- Bulldogs Across America (BAA) - The BAA program offers internships in a variety of cities providing students with the opportunity to work, engage with the community, and connect with local alumni.
- Chinatown Community Service Health Internship - In collaboration with Goldman Sachs, Yale College offers two paid summer internships at the Charles B. Wang Community Health Center in New York.
- Yale in Hollywood - Students may participate in internship opportunities in the film and entertainment industries in the Los Angeles area while networking with Yale alumni established in the business.
- Yale Alumni Community Service Fellowship (YACSF) – YACSF places undergraduates in funded, eight-week, community service positions.
Numerous summer opportunities are available to students coordinated by Yale departments outside of UCS.
- Yale Athletics Internship Program - Since 1994, the Yale Athletic Department has offered internships providing students with valuable and varied hands-on experience in the operation of a successful Division I intercollegiate athletic program.
- Dwight Hall Opportunities - Founded by undergraduates in 1886, Dwight Hall has evolved into a nonsectarian, independent, non-profit umbrella organization that offers students social justice work opportunities in New Haven and beyond.
- President's Public Service Fellowship - The PPSF provides opportunities for Yale students to work on behalf of economic development, human development, and neighborhood revitalization with public sector and nonprofit organizations in the City of New Haven.
- Yale Science and Engineering Research Internships - Yale offers a variety of programs tailored to the individual needs of students in the sciences, ranging from interdepartmental programs such as STARS and Perspectives on Science to department-based research in Yale laboratories.
- Yale Sustainable Food Project Internships - The Yale Farm summer internship offers the opportunity to learn about and gain hands-on experience in sustainable agriculture, food production in the Northeast, and local food systems.