2013 – 2014 Application Cycle
The Health Professions Evaluation (HPE) is a comprehensive, unique profile that accompanies each health professions school application submitted through the Health Professions Advisory Program at UCS. This profile is developed as a result of conversations with each applicant during the HPE interview.
The HPE interview provides an opportunity to discuss your background, motivation for the study and practice of medicine, and academic preparation at this meeting. If there are problem areas with your application to medical school (bad semester, disciplinary problem, etc.), please be open and honest with your interviewer, for he/she can only present you in the most positive manner if you are candid.
HPE interviews take place between mid-Feb and early-May. Each applicant should prepare for this interview by completing an HPE form. This information will be used to prepare for your interview and to compose your evaluation.
Yale College students and alumni applying to health professions programs through UCS are required to have a health professions evaluation interview. You must meet the following criteria to request an interview:
- Available to appear in-person on the scheduled interview date. Interviews will not be conducted by telephone. Alumni not in the area may have a Skype interview.
- Yale College undergraduate or alumnus graduated 2010 or after. All other alumni are welcome to seek advice on applying for admission, but medical schools are less interested in an evaluation of your undergraduate experience.
To schedule the HPE interview you must submit the required application materials via eRecruiting between Jan 17-31, 2013 only. Document naming and uploading instructions (PDF) are provided. The following documents are required:
Scheduling an Interview
After your application materials have been approved by the HPAP Office you will receive an email and link to eRecruiting to select an HPE interview slot. You will have until Tuesday, Feb 5, 2013, to choose an open slot in eRecruiting.
Interview Signup Instructions
- From the eRecruiting home page, click the “Health Professions Evaluation Interview” link
- At the bottom of page, click “Apply”
- Attach your Resume to the “Resume” section
- Attach your Health Professions Evaluation Profile Form to the “Cover Letter” section
- Attach your photo to the “Other” section
- Click “Submit”
For additional information about the HPE interview contact the Health Professions Advisory Program at (203) 432-0818 or email@example.com.